Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In accordance with the Group Coverage Qualification Standards for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions, http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp applicants must possess the following:
To qualify for this position, applicants must possess one year of general experience OR two years successfully completed education above the high school level OR a qualifying combination of experience and education by the closing date of this announcement.Examples of General Experience: Progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of a Store Associate
Volunteer Experience: Your experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you are relying on education to qualify, then:
- Your education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ for more information.
- Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. We accept unofficial transcripts for the application process, as long as they contain your name, the name of the school, the date and degree awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received by this office no later than 11:59 PM EST on the closing date in order to be considered.
- If selected, an official transcript MUST be received before an Entrance of Duty date is set.
REGARDING INTERVIEWS: Interviews may be required for this position. Accommodations may be made to conduct telephonic interviews to preclude travel hardships for applicants.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at
Re-employed Annuitant: A former Federal employee who has retired under either the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) or Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is an Annuitant. An annuitant cannot be hired (i.e. re-employed) unless the vacant position meets the criteria in the Department of Defense (DOD) policy on employment of annuitants issued December 10, 2008.
Re-employed Annuitant: Does Not Meet Criteria. The vacancy does not meet the criteria for appointment of annuitants (irrespective of eligibility or qualifications). Annuitant applicants are advised, in accordance with DoD Policy, that further consideration for the vacancy is not permitted.
- Deliberate attempts to falsify your application information, such as copying portions of this job announcement into your resume, may result in you being removed from consideration for this position.
- Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement upon its closing.
- Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a Two Year probationary period.
- Position is being filled at the GS-04 level
- Financial Difficulty - https://chcoc.gov/sites/default/files/Mythbuster_on_Federal_Hiring_Policies_0.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Ability to provide customer service
- Ability to adhere to safety and housekeeping requirements
- Ability to operate and electronic checkout system
- Knowledge of store operations
- Ability to perform clerical and administrative duties
- Ability to communicate
REVIEW OF APPLICATION DOCUMENTS (FOR ALL APPLICANTS):
To determine if you meet the qualifications, requirements and quality of experience required for this position, we review your resume, supporting documents and responses to the questionnaire. The score you receive is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required.
Please follow all instructions carefully as errors or omissions may affect your rating.To determine if you meet the qualifications, requirements and quality of experience required for this position, we review your resume, supporting documents and responses to the questionnaire. The score you receive is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required.
Based on the results of the evaluation process, we place those who apply under delegated examining procedures in one of the following quality categories:
- Best-Qualified: Candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the position's minimum qualifications, including all selective placement factors and appropriate quality ranking factors.
- Highly-Qualified: Candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that exceeds the position's minimum qualifications.
- Qualified: Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and are proficient in some but not all of the position's requirements.
We send candidates in the Best-Qualified category to the hiring manager for employment consideration first. We send candidates in other categories to the hiring manager based on category rating procedures. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/competitive-hiring/#url=Category-Rating
Veterans in the Best-Qualified category who (1) provide all applicable and required documents (See the Required Documents section for more information) and (2) meet all the positions' requirements are referred before non-veteran candidates. If there are no veterans in the Best-Qualified category meeting these criteria, we refer non-veteran candidates for employment consideration.
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are entitled to veterans' preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Qualified veterans' preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category depending on the position and grade level of the job. For information on entitlement see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx . Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No