Information Technology Security Officer
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - (Training, Conferences, etc.).
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This is an Excepted Appointment and At Will position. Federal government civil service classifications or regulations do not apply. All offers of employment are provisional pending successful completion of a background check or investigation and a favorable employment suitability determination. This position is subject to Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for payroll deposit. The incumbent selected for this position will be subject to a one year probationary period after which telework opportunities may be considered, at the manager's discretion.
Must be a U. S. citizen or eligible to work in the United States. Non-citizens may be interviewed and considered for employment, but employment offers will only be made to individuals who qualify under one of the exceptions in 8 U.S.C.§ 1324b(a)(3)(B). Under 8 U.S.C.§1324b(a)(3)(B), a lawful permanent resident seeking citizenship may not apply for citizenship until he or she has been a permanent resident for at least five years (three years if seeking naturalization as a spouse of a citizen), at which point he or she must apply for citizenship within six months of becoming eligible, and must complete the process within two years of applying (unless there is a delay caused by the processors of the application). Non-citizens who have not been permanent residents for five years will be required to execute an affidavit that they intend to apply for citizenship when they become eligible to do so.
At least two years of specialized IT Security experience that provided the applicant with a thorough knowledge and expertise in the theories, principles, practices and techniques of IT systems, network security and management, hardware and software, data communications, and project management. At least one year of specialized experience must have been at or equivalent to work at the CL-28 (GS-12) level.
Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field. CISSP, CISM, or similar certifications are highly desirable.
- Minimum of five years of professional IT experience.
- Thorough understanding of IT security theories and best practices, as well as an ability to assist with analysis, design, and implementation of security policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of network security and network traffic analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze vulnerabilities and implement resolutions in a way that reflects the need to balance risk management against the organization's ability to effectively and efficiently perform its constitutional mission within established legal and regulatory frameworks, and ensure security measures, once enacted, are monitored and enforced.
- Knowledge of anti-virus, anti-malware, application control, web threat protection and endpoint security controls.
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise-level firewalls.
- Understanding of incident response processes, disaster recovery planning, and Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP) including the ability to implement plans and procedures.
- Skill in designing IT security awareness training programs for users and IT staff with the application of industry standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of and experience with the following software platforms:
- Splunk Log Management;
- Patch Management; and
- Vulnerability Scanning.
- Skill in project management, organizing information, and managing multiple work assignments effectively including establishing prioritization, time management, and adherence to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in dealing effectively with all levels of court personnel.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
Please read the "Qualifications" section.
The court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this announcement, commence interviews immediately, withdraw the announcement, or fill the position at any time, any of which actions may occur without notice.
A generous benefits package is available to full-time permanent court employees including:
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Annual leave accrued at the starting rate of 13 days per year
- Sick leave accrued at the rate of 13 days per year
- Federal Employees' Health Benefits
- Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program
- Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter benefits
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- On-site gym
- Thrift Savings Plan (up to 5% employer matched contributions)
- Retirement benefits
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be evaluated based upon review of their qualifications and the application package.Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No