Occasional travel - 25% or less.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If you are selected, you must complete a one year probationary period.
This position is designated as High Risk and requires a background investigation. Unless an appropriate background investigation is already on record with the Office of Personnel Management, you must undergo a background investigation.
To qualify for this position, you must possess the following:
Possess a Bachelor’s or higher degree in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. (Must submit a transcript.)
In addition to meeting the above Basic Requirement, you must possess one of the following minimum qualifications:
Possess one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal service. The specialized experience is:
- Utilizing both quantitative and qualitative methods to analyze programs; applying epidemiological research methods to the analysis of data to support audits or evaluations; assisting with the review and modification of evaluation objectives; researching and gathering reference materials; gathering and analyzing data in support of assignments; preparing written products, making oral presentations and applying conventional epidemiological research methods to program evaluations and/or audits. -OR-
- Have completed two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree, if related, from an accredited college or university. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. (Submit transcript). -OR-
- Have a combination or such experience, and graduate level education, which equal 100% of the requirement. (Only graduate education in excess he first year may be used in this calculation. To compute, first determine your total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required above; and then add the two percentage together. The total must equal at least 100% to qualify.
We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. Your resume must support your responses. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. We will evaluate your qualifications and eligibility and notify you if you meet minimum qualification requirements.
Your answers to the on-line assessment will be used to evaluate your competencies in the following areas. Your resume must demonstrate that you meet the basic requirements; and/or specialized experience/education and the following competencies:
1. Knowledge of health science or epidemiological research and analytical methodology and ability to apply such techniques to evaluations and audits of environmental programs.
2. Knowledge of regulatory compliance and enforcement processes to assist in the development of routine technical information.
3. Ability to evaluate inspection findings and analyze evidence to identify and resolve problems.
4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing to present findings and recommendations.
NOTE: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies, also referred to as Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs). However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims Unless otherwise stated: (1) unofficial transcripts are acceptable. or (2) you may submit a list with all of y our courses. grades. semester. year. and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gain in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications section. If you meet basic qualification requirements, your application will be further evaluated based on your answers to the online assessment. Your responses to the online assessment will be used to measure the degree to which your background matches the requirements for the position. You are being evaluated under the category rating method which means, if you are determined to be qualified, you will be placed into the ‘Best Qualified’, ‘Well Qualified’, or ‘Qualified’ category.
We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. We will evaluate your qualifications and eligibility and notify you if you meet minimum qualification requirements. If you are referred for consideration, you may be subject to additional assessments.
NOTE: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies, also referred to as Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs). However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No