INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST(DEPUTY COMMUNICATIONS PROGRAM MANAGER)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation incentives as described in 5 USC 5753 may be authorized in accordance with applicable travel regulations.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Mastery in applying: network management systems concepts, network architecture technologies, and project management methods sufficient to lead the implementation of major projects such as consolidating regional network technologies or network requirements.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Routinely interfacing with senior executives, agency leadership, other program/project managers, tenants, customer representatives, technical staff, engineers, acquisition professionals, contractors, manufactures' field representatives, and other government agency representatives to formulate strategy, evaluate alternatives, garner and exchange information, report on status or issues, coordinate and negotiate settlements.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Ability to communicate effectively on technical and non-technical subjects with senior government and private sector officials under highly stressed circumstances.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Investigate and analyze a variety of information technologies to resolve problems, questions, and situations involving the operations of telecommunications systems.
In addition to experience demonstrating the four competencies above, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-13) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing duties such as: 1) overseeing the work required(via contractors or in-house) to accomplish telecommunications-related communication plan development and distribution; test plan development and distribution; and enterprise architecture product development; 2) designing, installing, operating and maintaining robust communications networks and systems, including mobile, airborne and fixed plant architectures; and 3)develop and maintain enterprise architecture products of communications systems supporting national level agency/organization assets and locations, system configuration and lifecycle management.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
Recruitment incentives may or may not be authorized for this position.
Incumbent shall hold a current Top Secret security clearance based upon a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and be eligible for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) when specifically required.
Incumbent shall be favorably adjudicated and approved for special access to Presidential Support Activities in accordance with DoD Directive 5210.55 (Access to Presidential Support Facilities - Special Access Program, Yankee White).
Incumbent will participate in drug testing commensurate with DoD provisions and requirements for maintaining the security clearance and special access, and may be subject to national security or lifestyle polygraph examination, or other security surveillance methods.
Incumbent must maintain exemplary personal and professional qualifications, bearing, and behavior, including professional executive attire, grooming, attitude and demeanor at all times.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating of 85 or higher. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY POLICY AND PLANNING
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TEST AND EVALUATION
- NETWORK OPERATION
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All eligibility, qualifications, and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes