Occasional travel - Travel by military or commercial air and/or surface means may be required uo to 25% of the time for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
For entry at the GS-12 level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-11 or higher grade in the Federal Service.
For the GS-12, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-11 if outside the Federal service.
Specialized experience is defined as experience implementing national level security guidance, agency standards and policies for special access programs in order to present and defend determinations and actions with senior managers and high ranking officials.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing competencies are required.
Communication, Security Concepts, Principles and Practices, and Technical Competence
Qualification and time-in-grade requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for experience at this grade level.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- Prior to reporting for duty, the selectee must hold a current DoD Top Secret security clearance based upon an Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), and be favorably adjudicated and approved for Presidential Support Duty in accordance with Department of Defense Directive 5210.55 (Yankee White - Category II, minimum). Prospective candidates must meet criteria for Presidential Support Duty in accordance with DoD Directive 5210.5 (PSD Category II, minimum). Additionally, the incumbent shall be approved for access to Special Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- Individuals tentatively selected for drug testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs MAY be paid. They MUST be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized.
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants.
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
- For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- In accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) Manual 3305.13-M, "DoD Security Accreditation and Certification," this position has been identified as a Defense Security Position (DSP). Individuals occupying positions designated as DSPs are required to meet certification requirements of the Security Professional Education Development program. As such, the individual selected for this position must obtain and/or maintain a Security Fundamentals Professional Certification. Individuals who do not meet the applicable SPeD certification requirements must obtain it within two years after the first duty day in this position. Upon appointment to this position, the selectee must also sign a statement acknowledging the SFPC requirements, as a condition to occupy the position, and agree to permit the DoD to access and monitor the certification qualifications associated with this position. Additional information about the SPeD Program can be found at: http://www.cdse.edu/certification/sped_what.html.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Security Concepts, Principles and Practices
- Technical Competence
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: ~ Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes