SMALL BUSINESS PROGRAMS ANALYST
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes PCS May Be Authorized. Recruitment, Relocation, or Retention Incentives May BE Authorized
Specialized Experience at GS-13: You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-12 level in the federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 level if outside the federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience with advising key personnel on all matters that affect the program. Also, developing policy and interpreting guidance on statutes, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and its supplements along with higher echelon policy guidance
Applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing competencies are required.
Competencies: Communication, Proposal Evaluation, and Technical Competence
Time-in-grade, if applicable:
For entry at the GS-12 level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-11 or higher grade in the federal service.
For entry at the GS-13 level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-12 or higher grade in the federal service.
Qualifications and time-in-grade requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for the required specialized experience at both grade levels.
- A two-year probationary or trial period may be required.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination
- Management has the prerogative to select at either grade level.
- This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to target position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management. However promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of a promotion is implied.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs MAY be paid. They MUST be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives are maybe authorized.
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants.
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program. For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10432682