Program Analyst (Implementation Manager)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants for the GS-13 grade level must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is typically in or related to the position to be filled. This involves utilizing expert knowledge of the underlying concepts and operational environment of funding foreign assistance and energy sector infrastructure programs in sub-Saharan Africa, of U.S. Government structure for international affairs, the roles of the various agencies involved in foreign affairs, the factors influencing international trade, and how international trade can contribute to U.S. job growth and energy sector development goals in sub-Saharan Africa. Examples of specialized experience for this position include, but are not limited to:
- In-depth knowledge of current political, economic, financial, and social conditions and cultural intricacies of the sub-Saharan Africa region, together with knowledge and understanding of the major energy sector development needs and emerging trends in the countries and areas concerned.
- Expert knowledge of the linkages between effective project preparation and successful financing and implementation of energy sector projects in sub-Saharan Africa. Knowledge of international banking and financial practices, the policies and requirements of multilateral banking and regional development lending institutions, and alternative methods of private and public infrastructure project finance.
- In-depth knowledge of international lenders' requirements for providing finance and political risk insurance to energy sector projects.
- Experience related to the financing of energy sector projects.
- Experience with energy sector project development and finance in international markets. Ability to analyze project funding and activities to discern weaknesses or potential barriers to effective implementation.
- Expertise in the development and use of databases, spreadsheets, charts, graphs, and tables in order to properly present findings and conclusions of evaluations, and to develop comprehensive reports on USTDA projects and funding.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with U.S. business executives, officials of host country governments, and representatives of other Federal agencies.
- Ability to accurately and effectively communicate and defend ideas orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines in an environment of multiple and rapidly changing priorities while effectively managing longer term projects.
Selective Placement Factor:
This position contains a selective placement factor (SPF) that is part of the minimum requirement of the position. If you do not meet the SPF, you are ineligible for further consideration.
The SPF for this position is: "Demonstrated experience in project preparation, financing and implementation of energy generation projects in sub-Saharan Africa."
SPF must be clearly demonstrated in your resume.
All requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
TIME-IN-GRADE: Current career or career-conditional employees of the Federal government, or former career or career-conditional employees, who have a break in service of less than one year, are required to meet the time-in-grade restriction of one year of Federal experience at the next lower grade, with few exceptions outlined in 5 CFR 300.603(b).
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp).
Appointment Authorities: For more information on appointment authority eligibility requirements: Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A
Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
Other Special Appointment Authorities
OPM Interchange Agreement and Other Miscellaneous Authorities
The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment:
Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
Applicants must be eligible to obtain and keep a Top Secret security clearance. Appointment is subject to the successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
TDA uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information
This position is being advertised concurrently with vacancy announcement #TDA-19-DE-10444458-WO using Delegated Examining (DE) procedures. If interested, refer to that announcement to determine if you meet DE requirements and can apply to that announcement. NOTE: You must apply separately to each announcement in order to be considered under both.
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Business Planning & Resource Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Evaluating
Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No