Senior Design Strategist
Occasional travel - Occasional travel maybe required to attend job related training, conferences and or events.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 4 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-14 salary range starts at $114,590.00 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level or higher in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is experience utilizing qualitative and quantitative analytical and evaluative methods, techniques, systems, and processes to conduct research, determine areas to be investigated, make recommendations for new system implementation and design, and evaluate results of studies and analysis prepared by other organizations.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Bargaining Unit status: Not Applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
· Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
· Relocation incentive if you are a current federal employee
· Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
We are also accepting applications from all U.S. Citizens and Nationals under Vacancy Announcement # 1900279AADE. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Skill in designing research programs that include qualitative and quantitative methods
- Ability to translate data into insight, strategy and design direction
- Ability to project goals and research questions into well thought-out research plans
- Knowledge of field research, ethnography, lab-based user testing, remote testing, concept testing, and survey design.
- Ability to communicate.
- Skill in working with modern user research tools, including analytic tools for data analysis
- Knowledge of current research methods and the passion for following trends in new methods from industry and academia
- Skill in client negotiation techniques.
- Ability to work with digital technologies.
- Skill in developing and implementing innovative and creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to be self-managed while working on several projects simultaneously in a collaborative environment
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No