Junior Telecom Engineer / Equipment Installer
Sparks Group is actively searching for a Junior Communications Equipment Installer. This position requires an active Top Secret clearance and SCI eligibility, and will be based at Ft. Meade with occasional travel to their HQ in Herndon VA. The selected candidate will be responsible for assembly, installation and troubleshooting of equipment cabinets, communications electronics, and cryptographic equipment for the DRSN long local Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) elimination program at various CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Maintain Accountability of inventories and Installation Kit (IK), work closely with Sr. Installer to ensure accountability of Government Furnished Equipment.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems in multi-vendor systems.
- Perform fielding, installation, test, and troubleshooting of communications electronics in portable equipment cabinets and fixed equipment racks.
- Recognize and comply with all safety policies of the company and federal/state regulations.
- Lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, crawling, stooping, standing, climbing on ladders and working in confined field locations.
- May require up to 50% Travel (~ 1-2 times
monthly for ~3-5 days) to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of
- Requires DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant certification (Security+ or equivalent).
- Have a valid US Driver's License and be able to obtain a valid passport within 30 days of employment.
- Must have good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and good mechanical aptitude.
- Direct experience and/or education/training in, communications electronics (software or hardware), Circuit-to-Packet devices, encryption devices, and COMSEC.
- Thorough knowledge of IP networking and Time-Division Multiplexing, electronic principles, installation techniques, use of various tools and equipment including, but not limited to: screwdrivers, pliers, ladders, drills, wire cutters, and various test meters.
- Experience building portable equipment cabinets, installing rack mounts, and fabricating communications cabling and connectors.
- Knowledge of Windows, Power Point, Word and Excel or similar programs required.
- Experience with Department of Defense communications networks and associated equipment
- Experience with Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) Command and Control Switching System (CCSS).
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.