Public Health Nurse IV / School Health Coordinator
3 days left
- Full Time
Responsible for county-wide coordination of the School Health Services Program within Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) and Falls Church City Public School (FCCPS) as part of Patient Care Services in the Fairfax County Health Department. The program provides school health services to the largest public school system in Virginia to maximize the potential of school-age children to be healthy, safe, and ready to learn. Responsibilities include: coordination of school health service delivery; program planning and development; implementation in accordance with regulations, guidelines, and policies; monitoring and evaluation to assure cost efficiency and effective service delivery; and quality improvement efforts to strengthen program performance and positive outcomes. Develops data collection and analysis procedures to support planning, evaluation, and reporting. Works in collaboration with PHN IVs on the School Health Management team to build relationships and develop partnerships in the community to improve service delivery and overall awareness of the School Health Program. Oversees the School Health Aide (SHA) orientation program and management of the county-wide substitute SHA pool. Directly supervises the Senior SHAs and School Health Administrative Assistant. Provides consultation and guidance on school health service delivery to public and private schools in the community.Employment Standards
Graduation from a college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education with a bachelor's degree in nursing; plus five years of post-licensure experience as a nurse in an equivalent health care setting whose focus was primarily prevention services and community education, including three years in a public health/community health setting. Qualifying experience may include experience in ambulatory care settings such as outpatient clinics that incorporate community outreach/education as part of services or specialty settings that incorporate teaching, community outreach, resource referrals, etc. as part of a health care continuum; Plus at least one year of supervisory experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Possession of current license or a multi state licensure privilege to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Valid Motor Vehicle Driver's License.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification required within 60 days
- AED required within 60 days
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background investigation, a Child Protective Services (CPS), a driving record check, and sanction screening to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Master's degree or higher in nursing, public health, or public administration
- At least two years of management experience, including program planning and development, establishing policies and procedures, service implementation, budget management and monitoring, quality assurance and evaluation.
- Two or more years of post-licensure experience providing health services to school aged-children in a public school setting and at least three years of experience working in a public health/community setting.
- Highly desirable to have the following professional experience: working on multi-disciplinary teams; care coordination for children with special needs; community partnership development; working with ethnically diverse populations; health education/health promotion, and data management and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Employee is required to walk, stand, sit, bend, kneel, climb stairs and carrying equipment or young children up to 25 pounds in weight. Have the ability to read and write in complete sentences in English and operate keyboard driven equipment. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.