Senior Geospatial/Remote Sensing Analyst
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is currently seeking a Senior-Level Geospatial/Remote Sensing Analysts in our Fairfax, Va. office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual to join a team of professionals while working in a multidisciplinary consulting and engineering firm. The firm succeeds through the individual and collaborative skills of its people therefore we offer opportunities for professional growth while working with and applying the latest technology. Typical responsibilities are to work on the GIS/IT and Remote Sensing related projects for state and federal clients across the US. Position requires experience in sensor or swath calibration and alignment adjustment. Preferred experience using mainstream commercial software suites (TerraSolid TerraMatch, Bayesmap StripAlign) or adjustments done in sensor vendor specific suites (Optech LMS , Riegl Scan Data Adjustment, Riegl RiPrecision). Candidate should have strong conceptual understanding of sources of error in airborne lidar datasets and visualizing translation and orientation errors. Experience in alignment of terrestrial or mobile lidar datasets, or experience in academic environments may be acceptable substitutions for above requirements. Additional preferred candidate experience would include airborne lidar trajectory processing (Applanix PosPac/Grafnet, Novatel Inertial Explorer, Leica IPAS, etc), and in extracting lidar using sensor vendor specific processing suites (Riegl RiProcess, Leica CloudPro/HxMap, Optech LMS).
- Data feature extraction/compilation, interpretation of Lidar Intensity imagery;
- Create a variety of digital mapping/remotely sensed products using various software platforms;
- Capture, produce, geo-process and analyze data;
- Leading a team, providing feedback
- Create and manipulate databases;
- Elevation data Processing and Manipulation;
- Problem solving;
- Report writing;
- Creating Scripts/Models/Macros in multiple GIS/LiDAR platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, or related field.
- 5 +years of experience in the GIS/Remote Sensing Field.
- Required experience in Lidar processing and elevation model creation/manipulation.
- In-depth knowledge of ESRI's software, including ArcGIS 10.X.
- Terrascan, GeoCue experience a plus.
- PLTS tool kit experience a plus.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.