Senior Grants Administrator- #02964a
Have you dreamed about being part of an amazing community of forward-thinking researchers who use the Hubble and James Webb Space Telescopes to find new discoveries and expand our understanding of astronomy and physics? Are you an experienced professional with a background in research grant administration? If so, we hope you might consider joining our Grants Administration team. We administer the HST and JWST grant programs that fund groundbreaking research and discoveries using the most powerful space based telescopes ever invented.
We will use your prior skills, experience and understanding of grant policies, procedures and regulations, including the Uniform Guidance (2CFR200) to:
- Execute and monitor all grant administrative and fiscal activities through all phases of the grant life-cycle including pre-award reviews, post-award monitoring and administration, and final closeout.
- Work directly with the investigators and staff at your recipient institutions to assist with budget submissions, evaluate eligibility, and determine cost allowability.
- Provide guidance, support and training to your institutions related to using the Space Telescope Grants Management System (STGMS) and understanding the General Grant Provisions.
- Review business, financial, administrative, and management policies and practices to evaluate risks posed by recipient institutions. Based on your evaluation, you will identify and recommend appropriate levels of recipient monitoring to management.
- Support monitoring efforts including single audit reviews, desk reviews and, as needed, site visits to assure compliance with STScI and federal policies.
- Work with your management team to improve processes, respond to customer requests, and produce monthly financial reports.
We are searching for highly motivated self-starters who thrive in a team environment and take personal ownership and pride in their work. You should possess the following skills and attributes.
- Prior grants administration or related experience with an emphasis on awarding, monitoring and managing research grants.
- Experience working in a sponsor organization is preferred.
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize, plan and prioritize work are critical.
- Self-motivated, team oriented, customer focused and capable of executing multiple projects at once.
- Flexibility to adapt in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to perform under challenging conditions such as during proposal deadlines.
- Foster harmonious working relationships with co-workers, scientists, external institutions, and government agencies.
- Be respectful, courteous, collaborative and maintain a positive outlook.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for using software tools with a strong proficiency with MS Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or other related curriculum and certification in Grants Administration is desired. Substitution of relevant education or experience for the stated qualifications may be considered.
This is a full time position which requires a 40 hour work week during standard work hours. Additional hours are occasionally required which may include working evenings to complete special assignments or to provide support to recipients in Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones. Occasional travel may also be required.
STScI offers an excellent compensation package, tuition reimbursement, competitive salaries, and a stimulating work environment.
Are you interested in applying? Share your experience by completing an online application. Please upload one cover letter and resume on one PDF document for review.
Click the green “Apply Now” button at the top right to submit an application. Resumes received by March 31, 2019, will receive full consideration.
Explore all career opportunities through our website at www.stsci.edu/opportunitites
STScI sees the diversity of its staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep dedication in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, STScI does not discriminate because of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, or mental or physical handicap. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
If anyone needs assistance applying or making edits to a profile, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.