Project Director: Energy Partnerships Initiative
The Community Action Partnership, CAP, a national organization in Washington, DC whose members are local non-profit Community Action Agencies (CAAs), is seeking a Project Director to manage a long-running, federally-funded project and contribute to other ongoing projects in our organization. Under direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the position is responsible for the Energy Partnerships initiative that provides help to CAAs and their local partners in expanding their impact and resources through partnerships for weatherization, energy affordability and clean energy initiatives that improve the lives and communities of lower income Americans. Learn about us at https://communityactionpartnership.com . Learn about the project at https://communityactionpartnership.com/energy-partnerships/. See a more detailed list of responsibilities below.
In addition, the individual will contribute to the broader activities of CAP, such as conferences, intersectional programmatic, leadership training products or events and communications to the member agencies and to the public.
The position is located in the national office in Washington, DC. This is a full-time exempt position with a salary range of $60,000-$70,000 depending on experience. Generous benefits package includes health insurance, vacation and sick time, retirement savings match and other benefits. The position remains open until filled.
TO APPLY: All of the following items must be received to be considered for the position: 1) resume, 2) cover letter outlining how how your experience matches the criteria listed below and why you are interested in the position, and 3) writing sample has relevance to your skills and interest. Send all 3 items to firstname.lastname@example.org with Energy Project Director job in the subject line. If you received an academic degree in the past three years, please include a transcript or summary of grades. If you have a question about the position, email the same address and make the subject line Energy Job QUESTION. We cannot accept calls and cannot guarantee a response to questions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the Energy Partnerships initiative that provides help to CAAs and their local partnersin expanding their impact and resources through partnerships for weatherization, energy affordability and clean energy initiatives that improve the lives and communities of lower income Americans
- Develop and revise the project agenda for activities and deliverables
- Manage work by staff, if any, and consultant [ s] on the deliverables to ensure their success
- Maintain consistent communications with the Department of Energy Weatherization leadership to ensure the Project meets its needs as well as those of CAPs members
- Consult directly and regularly with local CAAs and their state associations to design and provide of technical assistance on energy partnerships and to track and learn about innovations;
- Create and continually refresh the project’s training, and tools for local Weatherization organizations and state associations in securing leveraged funds, developing partnerships, and designing and managing coordinated energy programs;
- Improve the current project website [a lot] in conjunction with CAP’s site advisors or contractors.
- Design and deliver training at two annual conferences as well as othernational groups’ and regional partner conferences, as invited
- Conduct research on current and emerging energy markets and their impact on low-and moderate income energy consumers and on the affordability of housing;
- Identify and network with diverse national groups including funders and promoters of energy efficiency and renewable energy, developers of affordable housing, consumer advocates, and environmental justice groups.
- Engage in multiple CAP projects with similar goals that require your talentsas assigned by the CEO.[Up to 20% of time may be allocated to working on non-Project work for CAP’s related training and research for Community Action. ]
May at times supervise staff and managers of others.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree in economics, policy, sociology, nonprofit management, business, public administration, social work, or a related field of study.Master’s Degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered. [Be sure your cover letter is clear about why the experience is equivalent to or more pertinent than a degree.].
- Experience in a Community Action Agency or State Association or similar anti-poverty organization coupled with deep knowledge of public policy that addresses income inequality and economic insecurity would be ideal but is not a requirement.
- Knowledge of state and federal anti-poverty and community development programs and their operations, preferably as a result of working in delivering and designing services, investments and/or projects of this nature.
- Understanding how local nonprofits implement state/ federal/private antipoverty initiatives.
- Understanding of non-profit organizations’ functioning and operations.
- Understanding the nature and purpose of national associations and national advocacy organizations.
- Knowledge of federal, state or utility energy affordability programs (e.g. Weatherization and LIHEAP) is a big bonus.
- Expertise in utility and other energy market regulations, environmental justice issues and solutions, income inequality, health determinants of poverty and demonstrated research skills, particularly skill with quantitative analysis are of great value to the position.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in a policy development or leadership role.
- Capacity to communicate well in person and connectto a diversepotential partners for CAAs , such as leaders of national and regional associations and advocacy groups, other enterprises with similar goals,federal and state officials and subject experts.
- Ability to manage a team that may include student interns and assistant [s].
- Sensitivity to diverse cultures, races, communities and colleagues.
- Ability to think creatively, solve problems large and small and be a key contributor to Partnership goals.
- Capacity to work cheerfully and efficiently under pressure of time and conflicting pressures.
- Patience to keep trying for a new, better solution.
- Demonstrated success in implementing projects – such as this one or a pilot project or production schedules – including producing with written deliverables, reporting and financial tracking.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent oral, written, and group communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal team-building and alliance-building skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- The noise level in the regular work environment is usually moderate.
- The ability to travel for activities such as meetings, classes, and workshops in and around the DC area.
- Must be able to travel by air as needed to attend training, conferences, and related activities.
- Overnight travel, typically for several work days at a time, is required approximately 15% of the time
Apply for Project Director: Energy Partnerships Initiative
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly