Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
A background investigation will be required for this position. Continued employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
To qualify, you must meet all education, qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Minimum Qualification Requirement for the GS-13 level
To qualify for the GS-13 level, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level that demonstrates the ability to identify and recommend specifications to meet IT security requirements; conduct security accreditation reviews for installed systems or networks; resolve IT integration security issues and experience in Windows, or other standalone/and or client server operating systems in a TCP/IP network environment.
In addition to meeting the qualifications above, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
There is no education substitution for GS-levels above the GS-11.
- CTAP/ICTAP Eligibility: Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for the position to receive consideration for special priority selection. Federal employees seeking CTAP/ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.605 (a) for CTAP and 5 CFR 330.704 for ICTAP. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of their most recent Performance Rating and a copy of their most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as a CTAP or ICTAP eligible.
- E-Verify: DOI uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
- Identification of promotion potential in this announcement does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee selected at some future date. Promotion will depend upon administrative approval and the continuing need for and performance of higher-level duties.
- Additional selections may be made within 90 days of the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates are required to possess certain Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the functions of this position. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate their attainment of these KSAs in an online job questionnaire. The KSAs are:
- Skill in applying technical expertise in a total infrastructure protection environment, including network and operating systems security.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in evaluating auditing information technology security programs.
- Knowledge of Federal regulations, standards, policies, procedures, and best practices for information security systems.
- Skills to effectively communicate information orally and in writing
- Knowledge of FISMA including, Assessment and Authorization (e.g., NIST SP 800-37, NIST SP 800-53, and NIST SP 800-137).
Under this Direct-Hire announcement, applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration as vacancies occur at the locations specified by the applicants. Veteran's Preference, category rating and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply under the Direct Hire process.
Your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire will be validated against your resume to determine if you meet the qualification requirements for this position. If a determination is made that qualifications and/or experience have been inflated, your score will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
To verify the status of your application both during and after the announcement open period, log into your USAJOBS account. All of your applications will appear on the Welcome page. The application record in your USAJOBS account provides an Additional Application Information page that provides information regarding the documentation you submitted and any correspondence we have sent related to this application. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
Applicants who are referred for consideration may be asked to complete a short answer questionnaire before being invited for an interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes