Contract Specialist, NB-1102-V.2
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a background investigation (unless already completed).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Travel occasionally to attend conferences and training.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
You must meet the following requirements within 60 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement:
(A) A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field;
(B) At least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
Exception: Employees in 1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. Employees who occupy 1102 positions at the NB-V or GS-12 and below will be considered to meet the basic requirements for other 1102 positions up to and including those classified at the NB-V or GS-12. This includes promotions up through grade NB-V or GS-12. However, employees must meet specialized experience requirements when seeking another position.
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-IV or GS-9 grade level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience for this position include: Recommending the contract type or contract method for the product or service being procured; AND Reviewing statements of work to ensure they describe requirements; AND Negotiating with vendors to acquire products or services or to address technical requirements, cost/pricing, or other terms and conditions.
Successfully completed a Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.M. from an accredited college or university. The graduate education must be in one or a combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
Combination of Education and Specialized Experience:
Have a combination of graduate level education from an accredited college or university AND specialized experience (as described above), which is equivalent to the NB-IV or GS-9 level in the Federal Service. This experience and education together meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position. When an applicant has less than one year of specialized experience as described in the announcement, he or she may combine successfully completed graduate-level education with experience to meet the total qualification requirements. One year of full time graduate education is considered to be number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent one (1) year of fully-time study. If the number cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours will be considered an academic year of graduate study. The percentage of specialized work experience and the percentage of graduate study must total at least 100%.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Please see Qualifications section for education.
- This position is a Step 2 position within the NB-V pay band. Step 2 positions are distinguished by additional job complexity, responsibility, and advanced skill levels required by the work.
- Salary range includes 20% geographical pay.
- If you are a current OCC employee who previously received a waiver determination permitting you to retain bank securities due to extenuating circumstances, please note that this determination may be rescinded if the nature of your duties changes. We strongly suggest that you discuss the potential implications of any change in duties on a prior securities determination with your ethics official.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Click all links in this vacancy announcement to view additional information and instructions.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment".
- Click "Print" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Acquisition Planning
- Contract Negotiation
- Contract Administration
Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Current OCC employees must have a performance rating of at least Level 3 overall and for all critical performance elements to be eligible for promotion.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus federal employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must be rated as well-qualified to receive special selection priority. “Well-qualified” means that in addition to meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective placement factor(s), if applicable, you must receive a score of 85 or higher.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No