Associate TGV Specialist
• High school diploma or GED
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience in rapid rail transit track maintenance and inspection organization.
• Vocational or technical training in Track Inspection
• Ultrasonic Certification
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
This position supports the technical activities associated with the Track Geometry Vehicle in providing condition assessment of all mainline and secondary track infrastructure system-wide, in relation to track and way testing and evaluation. Employee assists in the initiation and implementation of appropriate assignments, set forth in the policies and procedures associated with the TGV program.
• Performs Ultrasonic Testing of the WMATA Rail system to discover internal flaw within WMATA rails, using Track Geometry Vehicle Ultrasonic Testing System along with hand held Ultrasonic Testing units, in order to prevent potentially hazardous conditions for the public and reduce delays on the rail system due to defects being removed before they become an issue.
• Performs Track Geometry testing of the WMATA Rail System to collect geometry data of the entire rail system, using the onboard Track Geometry Measuring System, to discover potential defects and prevent potentially hazardous conditions for the public and to reduce delays on the rail system due to defects being removed or speed restrictions being put in place before they become an bigger safety issue.
• Assists in maintaining the proper working condition of testing equipment to ensure the effective inspection schedule to ensure continued availability of safe, efficient and clean use of the Track Geometry Vehicle, and supporting equipment.
• Reviews Ultrasonic and Track Geometry Data to analyze data, confirm the quality and to identify any potential safety issues as outlined by WMATA Track Standards.
• Reviews, inputs, and processes data in Maximo and Optram databases that will be accessed for the purposes of documentation, review, and trend analysis of TGV data and ensure proper compliance and record keeping.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
• Personal Interview
• Skills Assessments
• Verification of education and experience
• Criminal Background Check
• Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
• Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.