Engineering Inspector II/III
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description – Engineering Inspector II/III
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for an Engineering Inspector II/III. This position performs complex technical construction inspection of public water supply facilities.
Essential functions include:
- Reviewing plans, specifications and cut sheets for construction projects.
- Inspecting the installation and repair of water mains, valves, fittings, hydrants, pipe bedding, air releases, wells, storage facilities, and concrete blocking of all fittings.
- Assuring all the components of water facilities are properly tested and sampled, and all materials used are approved products. Issuing material as appropriate.
- Working with contractors and other utilities to assure the job is performed properly, including checking to avoid conflicts with other facilities.
- Checking line and grade, elevations, and dimensions to confirm proper installation of work.
- Coordinating outages with Fairfax Water departments and notifying customers of shutdowns and following up on complaints.
Graduation from high school and a minimum of four years progressively responsible construction or inspection experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. Considerable knowledge of the materials and methods used in installation of water and sewer mains and restoring pavement and property. Must have good knowledge of construction contract administration as well as knowledge of VDOT standards, requirements, and traffic control measures.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $51,319 to $92,480 per annum. Applications must be received by March 20, 2019.