Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Washington, DC
In aviation safety, we seek to minimize the potential for harm to the flying public. To support this effort, we collect vast amounts of operational and simulation data. How can we use statistical analyses and data science to analyze this data and effect meaningful change to aviation safety? If this sounds interesting to you, GGTI seeks a Data Scientist to join its Data Science & Analytics Team.
What’s the Job?
- Preprocessing, cleansing, and verifying integrity of data that can be provided as input for advanced analytics
- Ad-hoc analysis and presentations of results for technical and non-technical audiences
- Feature selection, model building and optimization using machine learning techniques
- Building regression, classification, association models
- Building anomaly detection systems
You are an experienced Data Scientist with an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline.
What do you need to qualify?
- 1+ years of professional work experience in a quantitative field (not counting internships)
- A Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in operations research, applied statistics, Computer Science (data mining, machine learning stream) or a related quantitative discipline
- Proficiency with Python or R and associated packages commonly used in data science applications
- Understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and machine learning approaches
- Understanding of distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to pass a Federal Government background investigation to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Current U.S. Citizen or Green Card-holder
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Spark and Hadoop
We offer a dynamic benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with automatic contribution, tuition reimbursement, employee recognition rewards, flexible work schedule, merit-based compensation increases, and Metro benefits.
GGTI is a small business with a long history in supporting the Federal Aviation Administration and private industry through test and evaluation, project management, and safety management. GGTI’s approach is to provide excellent customer and program support while maintaining an employee focus.
Contact Information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org