Senior Consumer Affairs Specialist (Deposit Insurance), CG-301-13/14
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional overnight travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation benefits will be provided in accordance with FDIC's General Travel Regulations.
Bilingual - English and Spanish language skill is required. Applicants must document their ability to read, write, and speak the Spanish language on their resume and demonstrate their language proficiency in both languages at the time of interview. The interview will be conducted in English and Spanish and you will be required to translate documents from English to Spanish and from Spanish to English. Spanish language proficiency is a qualification determining factor.
Selectee must pass a Spanish language proficiency test be eligible for appointment.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Registration with the Selective Service.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
Selective Placement Factor: Must be fluent in both English and Spanish. Fluency refers to the ability to follow and contribute to a conversation with native speakers and defend personal opinions. Can read and understand large daily newspapers and written material. The ability to write correspondence in the language, AND skill in translating documents for others to read in the language in a professional setting.
CG-13: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the CG/GS 12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience in deposit insurance to include providing assistance and guidance to depositors on insurance coverage questions, specifically in the area of formal revocable trust accounts and developing authoritative guidelines, manuals or other resource materials on deposit insurance coverage.
CG-14: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the CG/GS 13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience obtained as a technical authority in deposit insurance providing guidance on insurance coverage questions, specifically in the area of formal revocable trust accounts; developing authoritative guidelines, manuals, computer-based systems, application tools and other resource materials on deposit insurance coverage.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 or higher in the online assessment to be determined “well qualified” for this position. For more information, click here.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans’ preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
1. Knowledge of deposit insurance outreach program, including systems, regulations, policies and procedures related to deposit insurance coverage.
2. Ability to write letters, reports, briefings and other material for varying audiences in both English and Spanish.
3. Knowledge of Spanish language and must be able to demonstrate fluency in both conversing and writing Spanish, translating Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
4. Ability to perform translations and ensure that the conversion process did not change the context of the inquiry or the format acceptable in Spanish and be able to review the content for accuracy in phonology, grammar and vocabulary.
5. Knowledge of financial regulatory activities, deposit insurance coverage, banking operations and the legal, technical and financial environment affecting consumers and the banking industry.
6. Ability to communicate in writing in both English and Spanish at the managerial and technical level, for the purpose of gathering information, reporting findings, developing policy, making recommendations, and gaining consensus among divergent opinions and objectives.
7. Ability to organize, prepare, conduct and participate in meetings, conferences, and presentations with a wide range of audiences, including high-level personnel in government and industry.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No