Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 3 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 base salary range starts at $75,628.00 per year. Locality pay will be determined once a selection is made and the duty location has been established. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience administering the Technology Business Management (TBM) framework and model within an organization and utilizing TBM for analysis on IT budgeting (planning) and reporting IT spending (actuals).
Bargaining Unit status: Non-Bargaining Unit
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in this or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area as needed; through other means; or not at all.
This is a virtual position and duty station will be determined upon selection.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Skill in applying business process engineering concepts and methods to lead or conduct complex studies to identify potential improvements in the way IT is applied to key business functions.
- Knowledge of business and technical requirements of serviced organizations and new and innovative customer support methods and technologies to resolve problems and evaluate new methods of enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Skill in applying advanced information technology (IT) concepts, principles, methods, industry standards and practices to develop and interpret policies.
- Knowledge of IT security concepts, standards and methods and project management principles, methods and practices to address and manage a diverse array of IT issues and projects.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No