28403 - Director of Communications - GS-15
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Experience working with the media, including general media (newspaper and television) and web-based outlets.
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to think strategically, make decisions, and develop and produce complex public affairs information and materials.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to conduct independent research, filter and synthesize data, and produce clear, logical, and concise products.
- Superior project management skills and demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously with high-quality results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen to, clarify, and convey understanding of others' ideas, comments, and questions; as well as the ability to integrate and build upon diverse opinions and earn buy-in at all levels.
Bachelor's Degree in communications or related field.
This is an opportunity for:
- An internal or external candidate to fill a GS-15 cadre position.
- A Federal Government employee to serve on a two-year reimbursable detail assignment in the ODNI. The detail assignment may be extended an additional year if all parties agree.
Current GS employees at the same grade or up to two grades lower than the advertised position grade may apply.
Former members of the Peace Corps may be considered for ODNI employment only if five full years have elapsed since separation from the Peace Corps.
- For a cadre assignment:
- Current ODNI permanent cadre.
- Current ODNI Staff Reserve Employees. (A staff reserve employee who currently occupies this position may not apply.)
- Current Federal Government employees. (Current GS employees at the same grade or one grade lower than the advertised position grade may apply.)
- Candidates outside the Federal Government.
- For a detailee assignment:
- Current Federal Government employees. (Current GS employees at the same grade or up to two grades lower than the advertised position grade may apply.)
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the vacancy announcement, particularly the MDRs, and construct their resume to highlight their most significant experience and qualifications relevant to this job opportunity.