Procurement Coordinator, School of Business
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Procurement Coordinator, School of Business, Fairfax Campus
The George Mason University, School of Business is looking for an energetic, organized and detail-oriented Procurement Coordinator to work on a team supporting the schoolâ€™s procurement and fiscal management efforts. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a variety of administrative functions to help ensure the team is executing functions as smoothly and efficiently as possible. This is a part-time wage position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Administrative Support: Work in conjunction with office colleagues to support general office administration functions for the procurement and fiscal management team including, but not limited to, data entry in procurement logs, scanning and copying, reviewing documents for basic errors, filing, audits, and reporting. Special Projects: Execute special projects as assigned. Work Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday â€“ 8:30am-2:30pm (24 hours per week)
- College level coursework or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience in office management and administration;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, database expertise, and e-mail and network applications;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others to achieve results; and
- Good citizenship and the ability to work well with colleagues. Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience with the Commonwealth of Virginiaâ€™s procurement system (eVA);
- Experience purchasing goods and services for an organization;
- Experience processing travel authorizations and reimbursements for an organization;
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills;
- Proactive problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly; and
- Ability to work effectively as a key member of an administrative support team in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment with frequently changing priorities.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position WG8846z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application and upload a cover letter (optional), resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :