Do you have Accounts Payable or Accounting support experience? If so, please read on and contact us today for next steps or more information if interested! 301-663-0130. This opportunity is located in Frederick, MD. $17-$18 per hour.
This position requires total reliability, superb judgment and the ability to meet deadlines. The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic team player who demonstrates the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and have excellent service skills. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and then please CALL Sparks Group to confirm receipt and for immediate consideration between the hours of 8-5 Mon-Fri. 301-663-0130. PLEASE ensure you CALL as the second step in the submittal process!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform accounts payable function for companies in accordance with month end closing schedule
- Receive accounts payable invoices daily and match to purchase order receiver
- Sort, separate and distribute invoices to appropriate departments for approval
- Verify that invoice is accurate, calculated properly and not previously processed
- Research all "balance forward" amounts due and determine if previously paid
- Process freight, UPS and FedEx invoices with copies to appropriate departments
- Verify that sales/use tax is calculated properly. Add use tax on supplies not intended for resale. Deduct sales tax on parts and supplies intended for resale
- Reconcile engineering subcontractor invoice approved partial pays to original contract/invoice to ensure vendor is not overpaid and remaining unpaid amounts are correct in A/P
- Reconcile American Express bill to backup documentation and expense reports
- Maintain accurate pipeline of invoices awaiting approval
- Code invoices with correct general ledger account and vouch invoices
- Assign new vendor numbers per matrix
- Prepare payment of all vouchers as required by terms and special requirements
- Prepare note and lease payments (breakdown principal and interest per amortization schedule)
- Run weekly cash requirements report for Controller approval
- Print weekly cash disbursement checks, assemble backup, forward to signers and prepare cash disbursement report
- Enter voided checks and prepare daily report
- Maintain filing system of all paid voucher information
- Review and reconcile monthly vendor statements and research past due and/or missing invoice
- Recent, relevant, previous accounting support experience with an AA degree or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Excellent business etiquette with strong interpersonal skills for internal and external interaction
- Strong time management skills, extremely organized, fast pace with accuracy
- MSOffice computer skills with specific Excel proficiency
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.