- Manage the electronic account payable and expense reporting system (PN3), maintain user accounts, train new users and make necessary administrative updates to the system and training manuals.
- Process accounts payable payments (employee expense reports, vendor invoices and charity distributions) on a weekly basis.
- Process payments accurately and timely on a weekly basis, whether by check, EFT or wires.
- Process distributions timely and accurately to donor-designated charities.
- Monitor and initiate communication on all accounts payable issues to decrease outstanding items.
- Review invoices and check requests; and resolve any issues/discrepancies in collaboration with managers and employees.
- Produce and send 1099s to vendors (1096 to IRS) annually.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual invoices, track payment and issue statements of account to clients.
- Responsible for contract management – including review scope and terms, upload in PN3, obtain all necessary addendums, etc.
- Monitor and initiate communication on all accounts receivable issues to decrease outstanding items.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly account schedules, reconciliations, analysis and/or reports.
- Assist in preparing audit schedules and 990 tax preparation.
- Willingness to accept additional assignments and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years in an accounting/finance environment, with not-for-profit experience and knowledge of not-for-profit accounting strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and use of the following software packages is recommended:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains): G/L, Cash Management (Bank Reconciliation) and Sales (A/R)
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Strong knowledge of current accounting rules and regulations
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented, efficient, and flexible
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to identify problems and make recommendations for improvement
- Team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly
PLEASE INDICATE SALARY REQUIREMENT IN EMAIL