- Manage the electronic account payable and expense reporting system (PN3), maintain user accounts, train new users and make necessary administrative updates to the system and training manuals.
- Process accounts payable payments (employee expense reports, vendor invoices and charity distributions) on a weekly basis.
- Process payments accurately and timely on a weekly basis, whether by check, EFT or wires.
- Process distributions timely and accurately to donor-designated charities.
- Monitor and initiate communication on all accounts payable issues to decrease outstanding items.
- Review invoices and check requests; and resolve any issues/discrepancies in collaboration with managers and employees.
- Produce and send 1099s to vendors (1096 to IRS) annually.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual invoices, track payment and issue statements of account to clients.
- Responsible for contract management – including review scope and terms, upload in PN3, obtain all necessary addendums, etc.
- Monitor and initiate communication on all accounts receivable issues to decrease outstanding items.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly account schedules, reconciliations, analysis and/or reports.
- Assist in preparing audit schedules and 990 tax preparation.
- Willingness to accept additional assignments and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years in an accounting/finance environment, with not-for-profit experience and knowledge of not-for-profit accounting strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and use of the following software packages is recommended:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains): G/L, Cash Management (Bank Reconciliation) and Sales (A/R)
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Strong knowledge of current accounting rules and regulations
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented, efficient, and flexible
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to identify problems and make recommendations for improvement
- Team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly
PLEASE INDICATE SALARY REQUIREMENT IN EMAIL
Apply for Associate Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly