Human Resources Specialist (HR Development) (Human Resources Specialist)
Occasional travel - A limited amount of travel is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Subject to a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Must successfully complete a Public Trust background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to two years of returns.
Because of its tax-related mission, the Office of Chief Counsel requires fingerprinting, tax verification, and a background security investigation as part of the pre-employment process.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-12: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Having provided assistance on developmental matters related to non-legal instruction; reviewed content of non-legal courses to determine whether established material is accurate and up-to-date; provided video recording, posting, and editing support, including camera operation, post-production, and maintenance of streaming media website and online resources; drafted appropriate office-wide or targeted communications to employees and management regarding training programs and events; and managed continuing legal education approval process with state bars for large programs, including submissions, follow-up, publication, and answering basic questions.
GS-13: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Having served as the lead training expert in the development of new training courses and activities for legal and non-legal instruction; reviewed existing legal and non-legal courses for effectiveness of instructional methods and media; implemented administrative and technical training support requirements for training courses and activities; independently operated equipment for video recording, posting, and editing support, including camera operation, post-production, and maintenance of streaming media website and online resources; drafted office-wide or targeted communications to employees and management regarding training programs and events; managed continuing legal education approval process with state bars for large programs, including submissions, follow-up, publication, and answering questions.
The experience may have been gained in the public, private sector, or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
GS-12: You must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
GS-13: You must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Travel is required.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position, as failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a "not qualified" determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: 1) Knowledge of human resources development and training methodologies, principles, practices, techniques, and guidelines; 2) Skill in a wide range of diagnostic, qualitative, and quantitative techniques sufficient to identify, evaluate, and recommend innovative methods to resolve complex problems; 3) Knowledge of current and new training technology and methodology and its effective application to facilitate the teaching/learning process; and 4) Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Your application will be rated and ranked among others based on your responses to the online questions regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals, and awards relevant to the duties of this position.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview. We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must receive a score of 85 or better to be rated as "well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No