Human Resources Specialist (E/LR)
Occasional travel - A limited amount of travel is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Subject to a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Must successfully complete a Public Trust background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to two years of returns.
- Because of its tax-related mission, the Office of Chief Counsel requires fingerprinting, tax verification, and a background security investigation as part of the pre-employment process.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-12: You must have one year of specialized experience at the level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes experience that includes: Administering and interpreting portions of a union contract and (with assistance) advising managers; general knowledge about federal unions and stewards; working on grievances in conjunction with others; and working on misconduct and discipline matters in conjunction with others.
GS-13: You must have one year of specialized experience at the level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes broad experience in labor relations and employee relations that includes: Handling multiple grievances independently, including attending grievance meetings on behalf of management, working with management on resolutions to grievances, and writing draft grievance responses; handling discipline or conduct matters ranging from minor discipline to suspensions or removals; ability to identify misconduct or performance issues, preparing draft discipline letters and being present and assisting managers in investigatory interviews, discipline-related meetings, oral replies and/or arbitration or MSPB hearings; interpreting a union contract and advising managers on how to comply with the rules in the union contract or other negotiated agreements; and experience working with union representatives in an effective manner.
The experience may have been gained in the public, private sector, or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
GS-12: You must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
GS-13: You must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill three or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- The salary range indicated in this announcement is base salary without locality pay. Your salary will be adjusted based on the post of duty to which you are located.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position, failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: 1) Knowledge of federal labor relations theories, principles and practices which includes interpreting the statute and Federal Labor Relations Authority precedents and provisions in master collective bargaining agreements. Ability to advise managers about labor relations matters, handle grievances and work with union representatives; 2) Knowledge of employee relations principles from the statute, regulations and Merit Systems Board precedents. Knowledge about how to identify performance or conduct problems, work with a manager to investigate facts and administer discipline; and 3) Ability to communicate both orally, and in writing to convey information in a diplomatic and persuasive manner with individuals and groups of varying organizational levels, backgrounds and agendas.
Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview. We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must receive a score of 85 or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No