BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST II
Please note: Ths is a re-opening to expand the pool of qualified candidates. If you have already applied for this position, there is no need to re-apply unless you wish to update your application.
Arlington County Government's Department of Human Services (DHS) is hiring an experienced Business Systems Analyst with strong analytical and technical skills to join its Information Systems Bureau (ISB) team. DHS' mission is to strengthen, protect and empower the citizens of Arlington County. DHS has over 700 staff providing services to the community in programs for aging and disability, children and families, housing, public health, mental health, and substance abuse. This position is located in the ISB which has seventeen staff managing many applications to support all of these programs. This BSA will support applications used by the Economic Independence Division (EID) in conducting core business functions ranging from client scheduling, case management, benefits issuance, and employment.
- Developing new configurations in customer service and case management software, Efforts to Outcome (ETO), to support the County's initiative Bridges out of Poverty.;
- Serving as a local security officer for Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) setting up staff with technology in conjunction with the Department of Technology Services to provide PC and systems set-up in support of Medicaid Expansion.;
- Contributing to the system migration of housing programs to Yardi/Voyager software; and
- Supporting the DHS call center by implementing an appointment reminder system.
- Gather and analyze business needs, review systems capabilities, and implement technical solutions that are integrated with the work of the division;
- Configure, test, and implement new systems or configurations of vendor provided solutions to meet business requirements and ensure continuity of operations;
- Provide an organized and diligent management of IT resources for EID and communicate any plans for enhancements to all levels of the Division;
- Master system functions, data collection, and reporting for the assigned systems to effectively support users and managers with troubleshooting, reports, and end-user training;
- Perform system administration and security functions for VDSS systems including user account set up, password administration, and troubleshooting system access issues.
Arlington County DHS is committed to delivering client services in an effective, equitable, respectful, and trauma-informed manner. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring our clients are approached, engaged and cared for in ways that demonstrate competency, sensitivity and awareness of factors which impact the client experience including but not limited to: cultural identity, gender, racial, and ethnic diversity, religious/spiritual ascription, physical capability, cognitive and literacy levels, sexual orientation, and linguistic needs. Selection Criteria
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information systems or related field and at least two years of experience in business and workflow analysis, implementing and supporting software applications, and providing user-end support.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience as defined above may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirables: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in the following:
- Case management applications such as Efforts to Outcome, and Yardi Voyager; and/or front-desk applications.
A pre-employment criminal records check will be conducted. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.
Applicant must possess, or obtain by time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence. The applicant must authorize Arlington County to obtain, or the applicant must provide, a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent upon a favorable review of the applicant's driving record.
Must complete pre-hire federal background check and State of Virginia Central Registry check
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with some flexibility.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.