Financial Services Specialist 1
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) invites applications for a Grants Specialist. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The chief objective of the position is to facilitate and coordinateâ€”with university faculty and departments, OSP management, and support staffâ€”the successful administration of externally sponsored funding. Specific duties are as follows:
- Create and maintain the official record for the Ellucian Banner Finance system for sponsored funds;
- Review and process transactions for the hiring of temporary positions;
- Review and process transactions for personnel funding changes;
- Review and process transactions for non-personnel expenditures and reallocation;
- Manage the proposal routing process and hard copy file maintenance for all proposal submissions;
- Assist with general pre-award administration;
- Compile current and pending information (as required by sponsor) for Principal Investigator and senior/key personnel; and
- Assist with post-award requests and modifications as needed.
- Working knowledge of grants and contracts;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to foster an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration; and
- High-quality customer service skills. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in business, accounting, or a related field of study is strongly preferred; and
- Sponsored program or university experience is highly preferred.
The successful applicant must be a citizen of the United States, a person who is a lawful permanent resident of the United States (a Green Card holder), a person who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or a person who is otherwise able to become generally eligible to receive unclassified technical data pursuant to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations; and successfully complete a criminal background check as required by federal law.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :