Admin Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Customer Service Associate
The George Mason University, School of Business, invites applications for the position of Customer Service Associate. This position is the front line, first impression to students and visitors to the School of Business, Office of Student Success and Academic Services and as such has an immense responsibility to handle all situations in a professional and competent manner. The customer service must be consistent in professionalism and application of knowledge.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Customer Service Associate has responsibilities in the following areas: Team Development:
- Serves as an integral member of the Student Services team;
- Attends bi-weekly staff meetings;
- Participates on team initiatives; and
- Assists with special student events such as Welcomefest, student development workshops, and School graduation ceremonies.
- Enters student data in Salesforce CRM database for orientations, transfer workshops, student requests, and registration overrides;
- Schedules meetings for faculty and staff using shared MS Outlook conference room calendars;
- Assists with overall communication flow for office;
- Word processing projects for targeted mailings and publications;
- Assists with managing student files and records management projects; and
- Serves as liaison with other campus offices in matters pertaining to schedules, work orders, and special requests.
- Uses organization skills to monitor advising appointments, keeping advisors informed, without conflict;
- Assumes responsibility for various administrative projects and follows through to completion within determined deadlines;
- Enters data with accuracy and confidentiality following the office guidelines;
- Monitors student records and creates files as needed;
- Serves as a primary contact for student workshops and events, keeps records up to date and readily available to share with other departments; and
- Makes appropriate referral to higher levels where necessary. Handles telephone and in person inquiries about School of Business events and programs and refers as appropriate. Must be proactive in collecting this information.
- Minimum of high school diploma, some college desirable, or a combination of education and experience;
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and remain calm under pressure;
- Excellent verbal communication skills; and
- Attention to detail.
- Employment history in customer service;
- Dealing with the public in a high customer traffic environment; and
- Experience in university environment.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01737z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by March 19, 2019; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on March 20, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :