Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualifications requirements before the announcement closes.
Applicants must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower band or equivalent to the GS-13 level in the federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience demonstrating expert knowledge of and skill in applying the concepts, principles, practices, laws, and regulations of appropriations law, budgeting, the federal budget process, the congressional budget process, and OMB policies, directives, and regulations of budgetary procedures and program goals and objectives in order to coordinate budget issues with program and staff offices nationwide.
There is no education requirement for this position.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee will be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year or two-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the qualification requirements stated above, you will be further rated based on your responses to the vacancy questions. Please make sure that your responses to the vacancy questions are supported in your resume. Please follow all instructions carefully. If you provide incomplete answers, fail to provide a narrative response to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation, or if your response to a vacancy question is "see resume”, your rating may be affected or you may be determined ineligible.
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
• Mastery knowledge of and skill in applying the concepts, principles, practices, laws, and regulations of appropriations law, budgeting, the Federal budget process, the Congressional budget process, and OMB policies, directives, and regulations.
• Mastery of federal budget execution process and program goals and objectives in order to coordinate budget issues with program and staff offices nationwide. Knowledge and understanding of an agency's operating programs, mission and strategic objectives.
• Detailed knowledge of the processes through which congressional budget justifications are developed, transmitted, presented and examined. In depth knowledge and understanding the congressional budget and legislative process. Skill in written and oral communication in order to provide budget policy and procedural guidance to agency management.
• Mastery knowledge of government-wide program development, implementation and analysis to determine and articulate the financial requirements of program requirements and their impact on the budgetary processes and resources.
• Skill in effective written and oral communication in order to provide budget policy and procedural guidance to agency management. By way of definition, oral communication may include methods used by employees with disabilities such as sign language interpretation, text-to speech or TTY technology, and amplification devices.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with managers on implementing budget programs and revisions.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No