Managing Director/Field Operations
50% or less - Nation-wide travel to HQ and field offices
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Subject to approval
PROFESSIONAL/TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (PTQs)
- The PTQs describe the necessary professional and technical knowledge, skills, and competencies needed to successfully perform the duties of this position. If you're a federal employee, this level of experience is typically gained in a GS-14, GS-15, or equivalent-level positions.
The PTQs for this position are:
- Describe your experience with oversight and/or development of policies, procedures, and internal controls related to agency operations.
- Describe your experience using project management principles to control plans and schedules; develop governance structures; and direct others for successful completion of projects on time and on budget.
- Describe your experience effectively working across organizational units, both mission and mission support.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs)
- The ECQs were designed to assess executive experience and potential not technical expertise. They measure whether an individual has the broad executive skills needed to succeed in a variety of SES positions.
The five ECQs for this position are:
- Leading Change: Describe your experience bringing about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals, establishing an organizational vision, and implementing it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People: Describe your experience leading people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals, providing an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitating cooperation and teamwork, and supporting constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results Driven: Describe your experience meeting organizational goals and customer expectations, making decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Business Acumen: Describe your experience managing human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions: Describe your experience building coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
There is no education requirement for this position.
CG CAREER SES APPOINTMENT: Appointees serve a 1-year SES probationary period before the appointment becomes final, but successful completion of the probationary period does not confer eligibility for reinstatement to the SES as a career appointee. Also, this appointment does not confer eligibility for noncompetitive transfer to a career appointment in the civil service SES under GAO’s executive interchange agreement with OPM.
OPTION FOR ADDITIONAL SELECTIONS: we may use this announcement to make selections for similar positions.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: GAO provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please email ReasonableAccommodations@gao.gov.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: does not apply to GAO's SES/SL positions.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- Your application will be screened to determine if you meet the requirements listed in the announcement.
- A panel of SES members will evaluate your executive experience and potential demonstrated in your application.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No