Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
In this role you will:
- Organize WP Live Center activities to ensure timely Delivery, set-up, test and operation of the A/V production of all internal and external events, such as town halls, meet-ups, leadership development workshops, cultural events, panels, interviews, group forums, etc.
- Coordinate with producers and directors on the design, installation, and positioning of sets and props.
- Advise speakers and presenters on media alternatives.
- Evaluate scope and technical capacity requirements for events and recommend whether internal or external production should be used.
- Maintain the control room for The Washington Post Live Center, ensuring high quality equipment condition, accessibility, and maintenance scheduling.
- Coordinate activities with external audio-visual production companies.
- Provide recommendations to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the WP Live Center audio-visual operations.
- Perform preventative maintenance and troubleshoots equipment problems.
- Provide recommendations to leadership for future enhancements for the live event experience.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Monitor events and checks in on customers throughout the events' duration to provide end-to-end support during the events ensuring all aspects run smoothly.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5-7 years of experience overseeing live A/V production responsibilities.
- 2-4 years managing vendor relationships.
- A good working knowledge of legacy and current A/V standards.
- Experience using Crestron and Blackmagic Design systems.
- Strong analytical and proven technical problem solving skills, along with the ability to convey decision making to senior managers and customers.
- A natural curiosity to learn about our business and to provide insight into new opportunities for innovation and improvement.
- The ability to work alone and in a collaborative environment.
- The flexibility to work evenings and weekends, based on event schedules.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
- Works independently.