Manager, Government Relations
Biopharmaceutical trade association seeks a Manager, Government Relations to identify, analyze, and respond to access and reimbursement issues that affect the plasma protein industry. The manager will work to advocate with legislative and regulatory entities, primarily Federal (Congress, HHS, and CMS) and State (legislatures, state Medicaid officials) as necessary. The manager will perform all functions necessary to positively impact policymakers and stakeholders through direct advocacy, grassroots, and targeted campaigns.
The Manager, Government Relations will plan and participate in Congressional Hill Days, draft association position papers and issues briefs in cooperation with North American team members, as well as assisting with association communications vehicles.
- Develop positive relationships with Congressional staff and Members advocating for access to plasma protein therapies
- Become thoroughly familiar with the substance and strategy regarding all PPTA’s health policy priorities. Use this knowledge to assist the Senior Director, Government Relations, with developing advocacy strategies on reimbursement issues.
- Positively impact reimbursement proposals that will advance consumer access to and choice of life-saving medicines.
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Government Relations, and other PPTA staff to build a “team approach” to achieving the objectives of the Association.
- Minimum: Four-year college degree in either science, communications or health policy.
- At least five years’ experience in congressional or state government policy or advocacy, preferably in healthcare and reimbursement issue areas
Skills & Abilities
- Entrepreneurial approach to work
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective oral communication
- Strong research and writing capability
- Team player
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects with tight timelines
Excellent benefits. Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Apply for Manager, Government Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly