Deputy Director, DLA Finance
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Additionally, applicants must possess the essential skills, knowledge, and abilities listed in the Executive Core Qualifications and Technical Qualifications paragraphs below.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
- Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (TQs):
- Senior level experience in budget analysis, finance and accounting, management analysis, and economic and cost benefit analysis. Includes experience representing a large organization/agency to senior officials in these areas.
- Ability to manage unusual instability and the need for constant revision to agency plans, programs and operations, including emergent and changing priorities of the Military Services. Includes ability for persuasion, negotiation, diplomacy, and risk assessment to address rapidly changing requirements.
- Demonstrated extensive understanding of logistics support and military service programs and requirements, as well as the demonstrated ability to effectively leverage working capital fund flexibilities to enable mission performance, particularly in contingency situations.
Veteran's preference does not apply to the SES.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has established a Drug-Free Federal Workplace Policy. All applicants tentatively selected for DLA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with DLA for a period of six months. This policy extends to random testing for the use of illegal drugs by employees who occupy testing designated positions defined as sensitive in Section 7(d) of Executive Order 12564. The Defense Logistics Agency's Drug Free Workplace Plan's drug testing panel includes testing for the following illegal substances: marijuana, cocaine, opiates (codeine/morphine), 6-Acetylmorphine (heroin), phencyclidine, amphetamines (amphetamine/methamphetamine), methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
To determine if you are best qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against the Executive Core Qualifications and Technical Qualifications listed in the qualifications section. The Executive Core Qualifications and Technical Qualifications are designed to capture the desired competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) for this position.