Senior Event Planner
Senior Event Planner
Office of Institutional Advancement
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is seeking a highly organized individual with a passion for events to fill its Senior Event Planner position. Reporting to the Director of Engagement Services for Institutional Advancement, the Senior Event Planner will coordinate in the planning and development of Institutional Advancement activities that engage students and graduates for career advancement and advocacy, and the UMUC community for philanthropic support.
The position will be responsible to lead event strategy and execution of stewardship and development activities (in- person and online) to promote interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels. This includes but is not limited to planning and implementation of the Scholarship Dinner, donor receptions, small-scale fundraising events, as well as coordination of activities supporting the annual UMUC Staff and Faculty Campaign.
The Senior Event Planner will also support the Director of Engagement Services in creating and implementing high quality Institutional Advancement event programming including career fairs (in-person and online), career webinars, networking mixers (in-state and out-of-state), annual Alumni Celebration, Alumni Advisory Board meetings, and assist with other university department special events (Pillars of Strength reception, Arts Program, Military/Veteran Services, Commencement).
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Under the leadership of the Director of Engagement Services, this position will assist in the development and implementation of the Institutional Advancement engagement strategy.
- Accountable for leading and developing the event strategy and execution of all Engagement Services stewardship and development/fundraising activities.
- Manage budgets for stewardship and development activities, track projected and actual expenses. Oversee the workflow required to ensure timely payment of invoices for all stewardship and development activities.
- Collaborate with Director to maintain clear and open communications between Engagement Services and key departments to establish a strong network of campus contacts to secure support for department needs.
- Serve as the liaison between Engagement Services and Office of Development.
- Support the Director to execute logistical aspects of Engagement Services activities including career fairs, career webinars, networking mixers, Alumni Celebrations, Alumni Advisory Board meetings, and other university department hosted special events.
- Collaborate with the Director to manage and continually review the processes that impact the UMUC guest experience at Engagement Services events, including online and guest registration.
- Responsible for creation and delivery of detailed post engagement reports for all Engagement Services activities including success metrics.
- Serve as second point of contact for all Engagement Services event-related contractual inquiries.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required; some travel will be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Five to seven years of experience event management.
- Execute and implement high quality events and experiences.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; superior level of professionalism; ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies, including UMUC community, trustees, faculty and staff.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work independently, manage multiple demands effectively in fast-paced environment, show great attention to detail and follow through to completion within time constraints.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.