Workforce Planning Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Workforce Planning Assistant
The George Mason University Human Resources (HR) and Payroll Office is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to serve as a part-time (20 hours per week) Workforce Planning Assistant. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Review and approve job postings in the eWork (PeopleAdmin) applicant tracking system;
- Work with hiring managers, Talent Acquisition, and/or Workforce Planning regarding any discrepancies or questions on postings;
- Advise departments on both HR/Payroll and state policies and procedures regarding postings;
- Assist in transitioning postings as needed;
- Effectively collaborate with all areas of HR and Payroll including Talent Acquisition, Workforce Planning, and HR Consultants; and
- Assist with Workforce Planning projects.
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills, including tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to prioritize work and willingness to be flexible;
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion and professionalism;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines; and
- Experience with collaboration and communication with diverse individuals with differing needs.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience in Human Resources and Payroll, preferably in the field of Talent Acquisition/Recruitment;
- Higher education experience; and
- Demonstrated experience with an Applicant Tracking System.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG139z at http://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :