5 days left
- Full Time
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry has an opportunity for a CADD Technician to join our Land Development Group in our Lanham, Maryland office.
- Provide drafting and design services by preparing and maintaining AutoCAD and Civil 3D site and civil land planning and engineering drawings to create a set of schematic, preliminary, and detailed permit plans.
- Prepare designs from general instruction and preliminary sketches, diagrams or schematic design drawings.
- Prepare working drawings from conceptual plans.
- Prepare civil and environmental exhibits from conceptual and detailed design drawings.
- Coordinate with other team members including, surveyors, engineers, and landscape architects.
- Support and maintain company CADD drafting standards within the department and across departments ( Surveying, Engineering, Land Planning, etc.).
- Attend CADD standards committee meetings and provide input on office standards.
- HS diploma, A.A. Degree in Drafting, Design, or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of related experience.
- Experience with civil engineering design/drafting projects required.
- Land planning, landscape architecture, or environmental design preferred.
- 2 years minimum AutoCAD experience required, Civil 3D experience preferred.
- Microsoft office (word, excel) experience preferred
- Willingness to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple project managers.
- High attention to detail, good organizational and time management skills, written and verbal communication skills.