Customer Support Supervisor
We are looking for a Customer Support Supervisor who will be responsible for organizing and directing the day-to-day activities related to the operations of the contact center. Responsible for managing, training and guiding a team of Customer Support staff members in performing their duties. Provides technical and customer service assistance including, but not limited to, hardware, software, application, membership, billing and first-level compliance support. Reports and resolves problems and complaints. Monitors staff and contact center performance, and analyzes reports. Helps develop schedules to ensure adequate staffing levels.
The successful candidate will typically have a bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5 - 7 years' experience. Prior Contact Center experience necessary. Previous supervisory experience a plus. Experience managing a multi-location call center and/or telecommuters preferred, but not required. Strong working knowledge of one or more of the following - Microsoft Office, ACD systems, Contact Center Workforce and Quality applications. Possess an in-depth understanding of principles, concepts and techniques appropriate to the call center environment gained through study and experience. Experience in real estate or related industry preferred but not required. Experience with a hosted telephone system a plus, but not required. Strong working knowledge of one or more of the following: Microsoft Office, ACD systems, Contact Center Workforce and Quality applications is needed. Proficient with current versions and commonly used Web browsers and operating systems is also required.
Key Responsibilities & Skills
- Supervises and carries out coaching, call monitoring, training, review and discipline of all Customer Support staff members.
- Provides guidance in hardware, software applications, membership, billing, and first-level compliance support.
- Ensures that team members obtain the appropriate training and support to best apply their knowledge and skills on the job.
- Ensures staff are on time according to schedule, proper scheduling of breaks/lunches and ensures coverage for all shifts as needed, when unexpected situations arise.
- Ensures all Customer Support staff are on the phone and logged in and ensure staff are available for job related work at all appropriate times.
- Assists with escalated customer inquiries and concerns, on use of equipment, products and software for system across all communication channels.
- Answers customer inquiries across all communication channels concerning system operations.
- Diagnoses system hardware, software and operator problems.
- Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operations.
- Follows proper external escalation procedures for problems with the system, software, products and individual customer machines.
- Partners with co-workers to research problem and find solutions, as well as coordinates with programmers to explain software errors and/or to recommend changes to programs.
- Assists in management of projects developed that impact the Customer Support team.
- Writes, revises, and provides updates for training manuals and procedures.
- Monitors inbound calls for quality assurance purposes.
- Develops procedures for new or changed products to then incorporate into the department's daily support responsibilities.
- Tracks and monitors outstanding problems to ensure timely resolutions.
- Acts as a source of information and answer subscriber's questions, assigns tasks, follows up and gives instructions as necessary.
- Performs other similar or related duties, as assigned, such as updating databases, coordinating activities related to repair and maintenance of equipment, ordering materials and supplies, etc.
- Delegates customers' calls (via e-mail, fax or other means) to staff for timely response as required.
- Assists in answering of phone calls when service levels are in jeopardy.
- Champions the customer service philosophy throughout the organization.
- Performs performance monitoring, measurement and evaluation of direct reports to improve efficiency.
- Conducts performance review development, implementation and follow up with staff assigned to you on their overall performance.
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Deals with problems, involving many variables, in different situations.
- Recognizes appropriate levels of risk taking when troubleshooting and apply critical thinking to gauge impact.
- Other duties reasonably assigned and associated with the role to support the overall needs of the business.
- Moderate overnight travel is required for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisor: 5 years (Preferred)
- Call Center Management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Call center