Middle School Science Teacher
The Middle School Science Teacher vacancy is a full-time position and reports directly to the Head of the Middle School. This position is primarily responsible for teaching Science curriculum to students in grades 4-6.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare lesson plans following curriculum guidelines and requirements.
- Teach using a variety of resources while emphasizing an inquiry-based approach that allows the students to discover and develop their talent as scientists as they investigate the natural world.
- Assess and evaluate student work and effectively communicate student growth and challenges with parents.
- Manage student behavior in classroom and maintain a positive educational environment for all students.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience teaching science, preferably at the Middle School level.
- Skilled in writing and preparing lesson plans.
- Ability to communicate, motivate students and understand the students’ educational and emotional needs.
- Ability to recognize and respond to individual and cultural differences in students and utilize different teaching methods that will result in higher student achievement.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with other teachers, support staff, parents and members of the community.
In striving to fulfill its mission, Potomac School seeks many different voices, viewpoints, and backgrounds. Qualified applicants should click here to create an account and complete their application for this position. For more information on The Potomac School, please visit our website at www.potomacschool.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.