Director of Quality
6 days left
- Full Time
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. Job Description Summary For Job Posting
In this role you will direct the Quality Management and Performance Improvement activities to measurably enhance the quality, process and cost effectiveness of patient and customer services rendered. This position will ensure compliance with all regulatory and accrediting standards. Coordinates and participates in orientation, in services and continuing education programs. Directs Risk Management program in maintaining integration with quality and performance improvement. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team of the Hospital, the Director of Quality and Risk Management contributes to the development of Financial and Operational Strategy, as well as, overall policy for the Hospital. This person assists in the operations of the Hospital by rotating as Administrator on Call, and may be asked to further assist in the Administrators absence. This person represents the hospital and its programs in selected activities. As a member of the Health System, participates in activities that provide for continuity of services and standardization of systems across entities and improves system growth and efficiency. Develops objectives and operational practices that ensure the critical success factors are achieved: Best place to work, most extraordinary experience, superior outcomes, financial success for reinvestment, valued as a faith-based organization, and a growing organization vital to the community. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the Department of Quality and Risk Management activities.
2. Is consistently responsible for sharing information about the organizations initiatives and efforts to ensure effective operations, effective work relationships and informed and engaged employees.
3. Effectively manages the financial performance of the department in accordance with the strategic plan, mission, goals and values of the organization.
4. Provides leadership and direction in ensuring ongoing compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements.
5. Designs, implements and monitors the quality and risk management plans and prepares quarterly and annual reports for the Board of Directors
6. Provides oversight for the infection control activities and monitoring Education/Training
Master's degree in Health related field or Business Minimum of 4 years' experience in a hospital setting, including at least two years in Quality/Performance Improvement
Demonstrated understanding of the Joint Commission, CARF and Maryland accreditation and regulatory standards Excellent communication skills required. Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task Strong customer service, interpersonal skills, professional demean or Project development, planning and execution.
This a Director exempt position.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.