Income Tax Analyst
Sparks Group has partnered with a cross-platform media group in search for a Tax Analyst position in Reston, VA. If you have a strong background with income tax procedures and are looking to broaden your skills in other areas of company taxation, come join this energetic team and apply today!
- Assist and prepare Federal, State income, and U.S. foreign returns.
- Prepare federal and state quarterly estimated tax payments and requests for filing extensions
- Prepare the annual and quarterly income tax provision calculations.
- Prepare various international income tax returns and estimated tax payments.
- Provide support for federal and state income and franchise tax audits.
- Maintain a tax compliance calendar for all income tax related filings.
- Contribute in tax process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes and/or processes to improve tax function.
- Complete research and analysis of technical tax issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Must hold a valid CPA license.
- Masters Degree in Taxation a plus.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of corporate income tax experience
- Proven knowledge of Federal tax concepts applicable to corporations, ASC 740 preparation and analysis US tax reporting for international operations.
- Experience with tax research software and tax compliance software (preferably OneSource Income Tax and OneSource Tax Provision)
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.