Director, IT Operations - McDonough School of Business
Director, IT Operations - McDonough School of Business
Located at the intersection of business, government, and international relations, Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business (MSB) develops principled leaders committed to serving both business and society. Through our global perspective, we prepare students to compete in today's international business environment.
The Director of IT Operations is a critical role aiding in the advancement of MSB via online programs, staffing for AV events, and resolving escalated issues. The Director of IT Operations is 1 of 3 team leads that is responsible for the daily IT needs of the McDonough Business School. Technical responsibilities include network security, program applications, software maintenance and upgrades and managing daily activity, developing and maintaining help desk trouble call database program, audio-visual support, applications development, distance learning support, classroom systems support, and user training. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Director of IT Operations has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Supervises 5 full-time, 50+ part-time technicians, and various contractors supporting a very wide range of communications, computing and network support programs.
- Supervises and performs activities related to managing and administering human capital management systems.
- Performs tasks related to all personnel actions for supervised positions including compensation, hiring, termination, evaluation, training, and career management.
- Develops training plans for full-time employees for professional development and growth.
- Oversees training for 50 part-time student workers comprised of 3 distinct teams: AV, Technical, and Video Production.
Help Desk Systems Administration
- Assists all MSB users in the use of all network/AV software products including desktop applications, video-teleconferencing applications, and classroom presentation technology.
- Supervises and performs activities related to diagnostic and maintenance actions on all MSB Network, PC systems and Audio-Visual systems.
- Manages development and installation of new network PC/AV systems and upgrades of current systems, software, or components including but not limited to desktop and laptop computers, hubs, network servers, routers, projectors, and cameras.
- Initiates and provides follow-up on trouble call procedures to external maintenance support for problems beyond MSBTC capabilities.
- Develops policies and procedures which affect the operations of all MSB PC, network and AV hardware systems including the monitoring and evaluating of existing policies.
- Tracks historical support patterns and develops initiatives to implement pre-preemptive corrective action or upgrade systems where necessary
Audio-Visual Support Manager
- Fixed AV - Supervises all MSB fixed audio-visual systems, including 15 AV equipped classrooms, 10 conference rooms, 40 team breakout rooms, and 3 IT breakout rooms
- Remote Connections - Oversees teleconferencing, videoconferencing, webinars, and streaming video services in all MSB locations.
- Lecture Capture - Develops, implements, and manages a variety of lecture capture and classroom recording processes enabling students to access on-demand material for review or in case of absence or as part of the GU program of instructional continuity.
- Manages the development, maintenance and operational use of MSB hybrid learning environments.
Financial Project Management
- Manages budget, billing, payment, and audit of department applications development projects through the development life cycle.
- Manages project stages - Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor & Control, and Closes - based on financial parameters.
- Works directly with contracted services in documenting, reviewing, bid collections, and tracking requirements for a variety of projects, systems, purchases, and applications.
Computer Systems Management and Security
- Maintains database of all MSB computer assets including desktops, laptops, mobile phones, printers, peripherals, projectors.
- Supervises with the MSB Security Manager a program to mitigate data breach across all MSB hardware assets.
- Maintains ability to remotely wipe laptop hard drives in the event of loss preventing a security breach of sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Maintains a robust Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) capability to accommodate the student user groups in particular.
- Contributes to the strategic selection of platform agnostic software which can be used across the greatest number of devices.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of PC, AV and Network Technical Experience
- 3 years management experience in comparable environment
- Master's degree in Information Technology Management
- Project management experience (PMP preferred)
- Experience with IT service management (ITIL preferred)
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.