Director of Finance
The Foundation Schools is a nonpublic, special education day school which delivers innovative school programs and support services for children and adolescents with emotional disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and other learning challenges.
The Foundation Schools is currently seeking a Director of Finance.This is a full-time, 12-month position and can have a flexible start date, but no later than June 2019. The Director of Finance oversees all financial aspects involved with the operation and maintenance of economic growth and sustainability for The Foundation Schools. They serve as a member of the Senior Management Team and report directly to the CEO.
The position will initially be located in the current Rockville, Maryland Administrative Office but will relocate over summer to Largo, Maryland.
The School is most interested in candidates who demonstrate the following qualifications and credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field required
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Eight plus years of financial and operational experience required
- At least five years in a senior management role preferred
- Experience in a nonpublic, charter or independent in a school or non-profit setting preferred
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis
- Knowledge of financial software systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Experience on senior administrative teams and working with nonprofit boards
- Experience and skill in budget and resource development and strategic planning
- Experience overseeing all financial aspects involved with the operation and maintenance of economic growth and sustainability
- Knowledge of state budget approval process
- Proven experience in effective cash management and bank relations
- Excellent people skills
Position Summary: The Director of Finance reports to and works closely with the Chief Executive Officer, works with the Board of Directors, and participates as an integral member of the senior management team. They are responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of The Foundation Schools operations to ensure economic growth and sustainability. The Director of Finance must understand federal, state, and county special regulatory guidelines as they relate to compliance of financial planning, federal/state food and nutrition program guidelines and nonprofit fiscal audit management. They lead the finance department and provide supervision and coordination of the financial administration, business planning, and budgeting work of the organization. The Director of Finance works collaboratively with all directors and participates as an integral member of the senior management team. They monitor short- and long-range strategic planning and provide critical financial insight and strategic support to the CEO, Board of Directors, Senior Management Team and Audit Committee. ($15.5 Million budget)
The Foundation Schools offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Visit our website at www.foundationschools.org for more information.