Specialist - Supply Chain - F04
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes Network Systems, located in Gaithersburg, Maryland is currently seeking an Logistics Specialist to join our team and directly support Manufacturing Operations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Reviews order to determine if the information needed for exporting is current and complete.
* Manage and prepares all appropriate international shipping documents for export shipments to international customers, suppliers, & representatives.
* Coordinates the preparations and distribution of exports documents with third party suppliers.
* Communicates with Hughes business groups, customers, agents, and suppliers to ensure efficient and effective shipping processes.
* Schedules and tracks export shipments with freight forwarders.
* Reads and interprets special exporting requirements as per the customer’s contracts
* Solicits and analyzes rate quotes from freight-forwarders, carriers, and brokers for current and projected export projects
* Facilitate with trade compliance, export classification, and business groups for classification of products (ECCN / HTS / Schedule B)
* Maintains personal knowledge of all relevant export processes
* Reviews and approves freight invoices for payment, researches invoice payment issues
* Gather information, file claims, and monitors freight claim status until closure
* Prepares export shipment status reports for upper management
* Responds to internal and external SARBOX audits on exporting
* Act as a backup for import operations, including customs clearance and HTS classification
* Assists on projects as directed.
* Must be flexible to work holidays and weekend, as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Logistics or related field
* 4+ years of related work experience
* Experience with SAP and distribution module and/or GTS or compatible Export Management Software experience
* Experience with filing Electronic Export Information (i.e. AES direct)
* Prior experience in export-import compliance, logistics, freight forwarding, freight brokerage and operations
* Prior experience managing 3PL warehousing partner programs
* Prior experience dealing with small package, LTL, FTL, freight brokerage partners
* Effective communication skills, oral and written
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.