Summer Student Position - Electrican Aide or Plant Maintenance Aide
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Fairfax Water is currently accepting applications for summer intern positions. Employment will begin on either May 13, May 27, June 10, or June 24, 2019 and you may continue to work until August 16, 2019 as last work day
Electrician Aide, Work Schedule is Monday through Friday, 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Primary duties of this position are to assist senior and junior electricians with day to day work.
Perform staging for jobs. Organizing and cleaning shop area.
Plant Maintenance Aide, Work Schedule is Monday through Friday, 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Primary duties of the position are industrial cleaning i.e. clean pump room floors, stairwells, pumps and piping. Assist in maintaining buildings and grounds. Arrange and organize parts and materials. Assist Plant Mechanics with preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of maintenance tools and equipment preferred.
- Basic building-grounds cleaning and material moving.
- Must have protective footwear meeting the ASTM F2412-11/ASTM F2413-11 impact and compression safety standards that are in good condition.
- This position is entry level therefore no experience is necessary but candidates need to be interested in and able to perform manual labor in various outdoor and indoor conditions, including hot and dusty.
The following qualifications are required for each position in addition to the specific requirements listed for each position:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at a college, university or trade school for the upcoming fall to qualify for the program.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in good standing
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screening