Summer Student Position - Digitization Aide
6 days left
- Full Time
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Fairfax Water is currently accepting applications for summer intern positions. Employment will begin on either May 13, May 27, June 10, or June 24, 2019 and you may continue to work until August 16, 2019 as last work day of program.
Digitization Aide, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week work schedule
Under close supervision of the Engineering Records Archivist, aides in the digitization of public water supply records.
Aides in the digitization of public water supply records by:
- Analyzing and identifying records.
- Digitizing records using a desktop scanner.
- Cropping, rotating, and editing digital images.
- Naming and filing digital records according to set standards.
- Entering data into spreadsheets.
- Rehousing physical records.
- Tracking progress in spreadsheets.
- Performing quality control.
- Performing other duties as assigned or required.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to collect, compile, and analyze data.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
The following qualifications are required for each position in addition to the specific requirements listed for each position:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at a college, university or trade school for the upcoming fall to qualify for the program.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in good standing
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screening