The Office of the Registrar
Exempt, Contingent II, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.1
Location: Academic Center at Largo
University of Maryland University College is seeking a Transcript Evaluator for the Degree Audit Team.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assess and analyze sources of transfer credit, including researching accreditation and other approval status of the organization or institution, for prospective and current students requesting a preliminary estimate to determine how UMUC will utilize their incoming credit from various sources.
- Use independent judgment guided by existing policies, practices, and procedures to evaluate traditional and nontraditional transfer credit in order to determine course equivalencies; preparing and processing the official academic advisement report in PeopleSoft which provides the student a pathway to their credential.
- Use both online and paper based resources, reviews course description, syllabi, college catalogs and other documents in order to properly evaluate and equate transferred courses.
- May use, if needed, the PeopleSoft Student Records Modules to determine if courses have existing rules for transfer in the record.
- Utilizes SalesForce case management tools to pull, complete, and accurately maintain records of preliminary estimates for prospective students.
- Synthesizes incoming transfer credit scenarios specific to discipline or requirement area, program, or in general for potential patterns, issues, or opportunities and recommends to department where additional data or attention might surface new and better ways to serve the student.
- Aids in developing transfer student resources to aid in the transition and understanding of UMUC's transfer policies and practices.
- Collaborates daily with other Evaluation staff, particularly other Evaluators, to obtain opinions and to reach consensus on the transferability of coursework, engaging in dialogues via in person and technology enhanced ways to drive consistency and better student service.
- Actively participate in meetings, workgroups, and other communication pathways by sharing ideas and solutions to drive student success and enhance the customer service and outputs of the department.
- Demonstrates excellent stewardship by cultivating current curriculum and business processes and practices knowledge via utilizing existing tools (Advising manual, university catalog, academic content meetings, and assorted updates).
- Promptly responds to student and advisor questions regarding transfer credit and academic advisement, meeting all currently established SLA deadlines for the department via phone, chat, SalesForce, or emails (as specified by the department and commensurate with utilization of 21st century technology tools to drive customer satisfaction).
- Demonstrates high level written and oral communication skills by communicating professionally and anticipating the needs of the customers; proactively seeks to ensure questions and issues are handled with tact, diplomacy, and integrity.
- Prepares and delivers presentations within the subject area or in a growth area, either individually or in collaboration with colleagues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Demonstrated competency in satisfactory resolution of student and/or customer initiated questions using resources and tools available via online or paper to deliver accurate and professional responses
- Demonstrated ability to work with detailed, factual information from a variety of sources with outstanding accuracy
- Ability to organize and prioritize administrative tasks and workflow such that all service level agreements are met
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers via phone, email, chat, and other methods
- Demonstrated ability to pivot on tasks between detail oriented work and service oriented work in a fast paced environment where there will be distractions requiring immediate service that may interrupt regular administrative tasks
- Ability to make decisions using criterion that require the incumbent to navigate, assimilate, understand, and apply policies, procedures, and practices from a variety of sources
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently (e.g. by assigning work from a queue to his/her self for completion) and collaboratively with other staff (e.g. discussing the approval or denial of a particular transfer course in a program)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of one (1) year experience with student records and/or transfer credits
- Demonstrated experience in a higher education student services environment
- Experience via demonstrated competency in initiating, acting on, and closing CRM (e.g. SalesForce) cases and actions
- Experience via demonstrated competency initiating, completing, and reviewing transactions in a Student Information System (preferably PeopleSoft) evidencing understanding of the system and relational nature of the data beyond processing individual transactions
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.