Washington Post Sales Representative
7 days left
- Full Time
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
We're looking for a results-driven sales representative to sell the world-class content of The Washington Post and to actively seek out and engage customer prospects, specifically by helping to expand our client base beyond the news media market and by finding new opportunities with existing clients.
You will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability.
- Present, promote and sell content and services using rates that reflect the value of The Washington Post brand to make a solid case to current and prospective customers
- Sell content, products and services using website metrics and Salesforce database as analyses of existing and potential customers
- Perform market research and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Maintain positive business relationships and creating new business relationships to ensure future sales
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business relationships by providing the very best customer service, making sure that requests are resolved in a timely manner
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling, emails, email campaigns, intercom messaging; using your best judgement.
- Record all leads and opportunities in Salesforce, a tool used to track sales activities and revenue stream.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within goal schedule
- Coordinate sales efforts with team members and other Washington Post departments to create new opportunities or packages
- Ability to communicate ideas, find solutions and take effective action.
- Draft proposals and agreements that meet legal compliance and standards and take ownership of the negotiation process from beginning to end.
- Analyze the territory/market's potential, track sales and status reports through internal and third-party metrics
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Find ways to improve our marketing efforts, build business cases and execute
- Proven work experience as a sales representative, specifically in news media and technology industries
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Proven ability to adapt to market changes and experiment with new ideas to sell content.
- Quickly learn new technology as it develops
- Familiarity with Salesforce, along with the ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs, in person or via phone and video conference tools such as WebEx, Skype for business, etc.
- Familiarity with Washington Post content and, to some degree emerging news-media technology
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Limited travel to client sites or conferences as needed.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent