5 days left
- Full Time
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
Job DescriptionThe Washington Post is seeking a Product Manager to join our Product team focused on our website, washingtonpost.com. This team drives engagement and develops new audiences for the site in partnership with Product Design, Engineering, News, Advertising, Marketing and other business units. We build new products and features for The Washington Post's site, with a focus on enhancing the reading experience, enabling content discovery, building a community and deepening our relationship with our audience. This Product Manager will play a key part in defining product strategy and will work closely with engineers, designers and stakeholders to ship and iterate on new features and functionality. The ideal candidate is an experienced product owner who has excellent communication and organization skills, enjoys working quickly and collaborating, and is detail-oriented, a skilled executor, and outcome oriented. You should be an Agile expert who understands how to decompose and prioritize business and design requirements into something accomplishable by a team of engineers. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Responsibilities
- Identify and actualize new features for our site products, including tools, templates and integrations with other products (native apps, email platform, subscriptions platform).
- Manage the prioritization of features, clearly articulating objectives and key results to inform decision-making.
- Translate feature ideas into actionable product requirements and user stories for engineers. Ensure that the several scrum teams always have an adequate groomed backlog of development tasks.
- Work with the development teams to clarify stories and provide detail needed to estimate and execute on planned work.
- Work side-by-side with developers in an Agile process to develop, iterate and refine products.
- Create and maintain clear product documentation.
- Test products at various stages of development to ensure seamless rollouts for our users.
- Monitor and analyze key performance metrics as well as identify and measure the impact of new features to make informed recommendations about how we should grow our products.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience as Product Manager or Product Owner in media or consumer-facing online applications.
- Experience analyzing customer feedback, user research, and performance data to guide product feature development.
- Experience monitoring product performance and managing troubleshooting efforts in real time.
- In-depth, working knowledge of Agile methodologies, process and principles.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence required. Experience with Aha product planning software a plus.
- Strong organizational, creative problem-solving, and collaborative skills.
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within an organization, including executive and C-level. Ability to work well in a dynamic group environment and under deadline pressures.