Senior Software Engineer (iOS)
5 days left
- Full Time
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
Want to contribute to high-performing, highly-visible, and highly-rated news apps - and make them even better? If so, The Washington Post is the place for you.
As a Senior Mobile Developer, you will play an integral role in our strong engineering team, helping to deliver increasingly smarter mobile apps to our customers. We are looking for someone with serious iOS Software Development skills, strong interests in all things mobile, and a passion for delivering high quality, rock-solid apps.
- Help design and develop exciting new features in our existing mobile apps
- Identify, troubleshoot, and solve complex problems
- Build a deep understanding of our use of Apple platform technologies
- Understand the complexities of and help integrate different third-party SDKs
- Continuously look for ways to improve what we're doing and how we do it
- Stay on top of new technologies and trends in the mobile space
- Participate in agile software development practices and peer/code reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience.
- One or more apps in the Apple App Store
- Strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals
- 5+ years experience with Swift, Objective-C, Xcode, Cocoa
- Experience with watchOS and/or tvOS app development is a plus
- Experience with CocoaPods is a plus
- Additional knowledge of RESTful services and other server-side principles is a plus
- Familiarity with testing frameworks for iOS apps such as XCTest, XCUITest, Kiwi, KIF, and Frank
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with iOS apps
- Solid understanding of Version Control principles, preferably using Git, Github, and Pull Requests
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum